Hillhead a terrace of six two story houses built into the west side of the Colhugh valley originally 24 houses for the poor of the parish. The Census records have recorded large fluctuations in the number of inhabitants there in the 19th Century. In 2011 there are only nine adults now living there and a baby.
No.7 is in the process of being extended upwards with roof lights being fitted.
When originally built, they had an upstairs entrance from the west and a different property below with their entrance from east. Towards the end of the 19th century most were conjoined with a ladder and the ground to the east was moved away and a retaining wall was built. This greatly reduced damp although these houses remain cool in the summer.
The 1911 Census appears to have 9 Family’s living at hill head; there are 19 adults and 15 school children or infants. Their surnames are Jay, 2 households of George’s a Davies, Deere Tugwell, Furze, Gould & Escott.